Internet Home of The Barnesville Blues
Generated by Targeted Online Solutions - SCV-Sitebuilder


Requirements To Apply For Membership

 What is needed for Membership

Membership in the Sons of Confederate Veterans is open to all male descendants of any veteran who served honorably in the Confederate armed forces. Membership can be obtained through either direct or collateral family lines, and kinship to a veteran must be documented genealogically. You will need you ancestor's name, unit, state of service, and information as to his honorable service: discharged, captured, wounded, killed. The minimum age for membership is 12.

Proving Ancestry

Many members use family histories, Bibles and oral traditions as a starting point in their search for ancestor information. Proof of kinship to a Confederate soldier or sailor can take many forms. The easiest method is to contact the archives of the state from which the soldier fought and obtain a copy of the veteran's military service record. All Southern state archives have microfilm records of the soldiers who fought from that state, and a copy of the information can be obtained for a nominal fee. In addition, the former Confederate states awarded pensions to veterans and their widows. All of these records contain a wealth of information that can be used to document military service.  If you need futher assistance please contact me by mail

Rudy B. Knight 609 Piedmont Rd., Barnesville, Ga. 30204-4305 or by e-mail

at or Phone 770-550-0266

Print Page Refer Page Stay Informed Administration